Friday, September 10, 2010

Next trip to Spain

I can't believe it has been 1 year since my last trip to Spain. I am so excited to be going back that I am having trouble focusing on my day to day routines. I will be leaving on Wednesday, September 15 with 3 volunteers from New York State - my sidekick Paula, our comedy relief Julie (aka Patti) and a new friend Martha.

We will be meeting on Wednesday afternoon to fly to Spain. Over the next few days we will be packing not only our own necessities but tons of supplies that have been sent from volunteers all over the country. I am fretting over how I am going to pack everything; wondering if there will be room for my clothes. There are medical supplies, coats, leashes, collars, flea and tick medication and blankets.

I want to send a special thank you to Kelly and Diane and their little girl scout troup from Virginia, Kathy from Alaska, Norma from Florida, Joanne and friends from New Jersey and Pennsylvania for all the supplies you have sent to me and made for the shelter. The Scooby team and the animals are grateful for everything. I will be sure to hug as many of the animals as possible for all of you.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to Forever Home Greyhounds and PepperTree rescue for saving some of the animals so they can find loving homes in the US. Also, Scooby North America has adopted their first 2 dogs. One will be going to Canada and the other to Pennsylvania. We promise to safely bring all your animals home.

Well, I better get to work packing ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Be careful!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you and your team Diane!
    Travel Safely!
    ~Dale Sillyman

    ReplyDelete